Make a Happy Smile Diet!
You already know there are a lot of foods and drinks that damage your teeth. Of course, your teeth can be very strong, that you are capable of eating all hard stuff. But you must understand that eating hard stuff will not make your teeth strong. Naturally, your teeth might look solid and strong, but there are not as strong as you assume. Most components in your teeth need to be offered what they require, and if not, teeth tend to become fragile. You must realize that your permeable and soft teeth get affected by whatever you stuff into your mouth.
When discussing the foods and drinks that affect your teeth, the prominent one is sugar. It is the head of all issues. It partners with bacteria in your mouth to create acid. Then, with the acid formed, it creates problems for your teeth. And in the end, your teeth enamel weakens because of it, and you will be experiencing gum disease, tooth decay, and even cavities.
So the acid attack will happen over and over every time you drink or eat. The percentage of seriousness will depend on what you eat. So you see you are offered the chance to make your choice. It is either healthy food or unhealthy food. Read on to find your smile diet:
What are the Do's and Don'ts in your smile diet?
- Add a lot of vegetables and fruits to your diet. Not only for dental health, but your overall health also be enhanced by veggies and fruits.
- Consume a lot of water. Basically, water has a prominent role in your health. When it comes to dental health, it stimulates saliva and keeps away bacterial stagnation.
- Add lean proteins, whole grains, fat-free or low-fat dairy products to your diet.
- Add more milk to your diet than adding coloring drinks.
- Ensure to eat healthy as it impacts the optimum health.
Once you have clearly understood the Do’s, you can then move to the Don’ts.
- Stop sipping on sugary and coloring drinks. It will impact not only your teeth enamel but also the look of the teeth.
- Don’t drink without checking the labels because labels indicate the amount of sugar included.
- Not only pop, but also all types of sports drinks, tea, and coffee can create acid attacks.
- Avoid cookies, cakes, candies, and all the other sugary goods with cute emojis. Your teeth will not be happy whenever you eat sugary goodies.
All these Do’s and Don’ts might be overwhelming, but if you are conscious about your health, you may understand the reasons. Before you conclude, it is important to know that the consumption of any food in moderation is fine. But the problem is when you over-eat.
If you maintain a balanced diet, you don’t have to take an extra effort to follow a smile diet. Your healthy diet will suffice for your dental health as well. Also, if you have a balanced diet, you can enjoy treats once in a while.
Words of wisdom: even if you follow a balanced diet, make sure to floss, brush, and visit your dentist regularly to smile happily!